- What do I worry about most?
- Is something constantly on my mind?
- Does anything in particular make me sad or depressed?
(friend, family member, neighbour).Often, just talking to a friend or loved one is all that is needed to relieve anxiety.You can speak to psychologists and other mental health professionals if you need therapy and medication.
- Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet.
- Don't overeat.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol.
- Don't use nicotine, cocaine, or other recreational drugs.
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, tai chi, or meditation.
- Take breaks from work.
- Make sure to balance fun activities with your responsibilities.
- Travel with someone whose company you enjoy.
- Listen to music that you really enjoy.
Laugh, Laugh and Laugh. Here's what laughter does:
- Reduces stress hormones
- Cleanses the lungs and body tissues of accumulated stale air
- Produces a general sense of well-being.