- 1 ½ litres vegetable stock
- ½ onion, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic (paste)
- 2 cloves
- 150 gm cabbage
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (optional)
- 100 gm rice noodles
- 150 gm skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2-cup bean sprouts (steamed)
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
In a large vessel, add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add shredded onion, garlic paste, shredded cabbage, cloves, Soya sauce, vinegar and chilli. Cook for 15 minutes and strain.
Add the stock back into the vessel, simmer again. Add the chicken breast and the noodles and salt. Simmer until the noodles are done and the chicken is just rightly cooked. Add the steamed bean sprouts, pepper and decorate with sliced red chilli.
- 100 gms pumpkin
- 1 or 2 potatoes
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 onions
- ½ teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 1 cup milk (optional)
Add little water and pressure cook vegetables. Add salt and seasonings and place the ingredients in a bender. To this basic stock you can add:
- Steamed, diced carrots/ broccoli/ tomatoes (puree)/ peas/ asparagus/ corn/ cauliflower/ mushroom
- Steamed, spinach and potatoes (also can puree the spinach for a clear green soup)
- Steamed chicken
- Noodles with vegetables/ chicken
- Ripe tomatoes
- Blend. Chill. Serve.
A delicious golden-orange coloured broth that is easy to digest and high in nutritional value. Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A, minerals and fibre. Ginger aids digestion and is an excellent cure for disorders of the digestive system.
- 2 teacups red pumpkin (chopped and steamed)
- 2 carrots (chopped and steamed)
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 5 teacups water
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- Salt to taste
Heat milk, water, pumpkin, and carrots in a pan. Add ginger and salt. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Blend in a blender. Serve hot.